This blog is intended for believers in Jesus Christ, but it’s not a Christian blog. It’s particularly intended for believers who see the futility of religion (including Christianity) but also desire to truly know and honor God, the Father. I also hope it will challenge, encourage and give permission for “status quo” believers to stretch and go deeper than they have dared or desired before.
A few things I believe:
- The Holy Spirit of God is the only reliable teacher.
- The gospel is about the Kingdom of God, and salvation is primarily about bringing us into participation in the Kingdom of God, not with our destiny in heaven or escape from hell.
- “Truth” is a path that one is to walk, not something to “get,” and it can ultimately only be divinely revealed and inwardly seen, not explained.
- God can only be known by SPIRIT, not the mind/soul.
- The “Word of God” which the Bible speaks of is not the Bible, it is God’s spiritual voice; His expression and communication to His people.
- God doesn’t desire for men to be Christians and He’s not impressed or honored by all the good, fancy rigmarole of religion. He wants wise sons, who see and think like He does, work to establish His Kingdom, and thus honor him.
- Jesus’ primary example for his followers is that of pursuit, submission, and devotion to the Father and His purposes personally and generally, not merely “good behavior.” Self-denial is the prerequisite to following Christ, and includes denial of one’s comfortable religious ways.
- Christ fulfilled the law and set us free from it’s fear, bondage, and condemnation. Free to know God and to establish His kingdom outside of religion and constraint.
If these things ring true in you or spark an interest, please, join me in pursuing Truth and the Kingdom of God..